A given computation can be expressed many ways across the spectrum. An example computation presented as a mapping in Table 1, is expressed at various places along the spectrum. Continue reading Rethinking Computer Science Part 6: Across the Spectrum
What is the most primitive provenance of computation and how does it extend to the complexities of life and mathematics? Continue reading Rethinking Computer Science Part 5: The Provenance of Computation
The purpose of this site is to present and explore a new view of computation and computer science,
- not as a sequence of steps controlling a machine altering contents of a memory
- but as wavefronts of computation and state spontaneously flowing through a network of linked oscillations,
- not as clock actualized, step by step, time determined, centralized control
- but as self actualizing, event driven, logically determined, distributed concurrent local coordination,
- not as information manipulation
- but as information interaction,
- nothing global, nothing central, nothing timed.
- a model of computation that applies to all forms of computation natural and artificial and that applies uniformly to all levels of abstraction from primitive implementation through general programmability,
a new view of computation and computer science.