Can there exist an approach to universal interpretability that relates directly to the dependency network and which preserves its distributed concurrency? Continue reading Rethinking Computer Science Part 4: A Network Interpreter
Part 3 presents the logical structures of a memory, a configurable oscillation and a sequential interpreter ring forming a traditional universal sequential processor. Continue reading Rethinking Computer Science Part 3: A Sequential Interpreter.
The purpose of this site is to present and explore a new view of computation and computer science,
- not as a sequence of steps controlling a machine altering contents of a memory
- but as wavefronts of computation and state spontaneously flowing through a network of linked oscillations,
- not as clock actualized, step by step, time determined, centralized control
- but as self actualizing, event driven, logically determined, distributed concurrent local coordination,
- not as information manipulation
- but as information interaction,
- nothing global, nothing central, nothing timed.
- a model of computation that applies to all forms of computation natural and artificial and that applies uniformly to all levels of abstraction from primitive implementation through general programmability,
a new view of computation and computer science.