A single coherent language that encompasses the expression of computation from high level abstract design through automatic elaboration to the ultimate netlist of primitive behaviors that enlivens the design. A language that characterizes computation as association relations among differentnesses, as patterns of changing differentness relative to structures of persistent differentness as “all of” relations and “one of” relations forming spontaneously behaving, self regulating networks of interacting differentness. Continue reading Rethinking Computer Science Part 7: A Language of Computation
The purpose of this site is to present and explore a new view of computation and computer science,
- not as a sequence of steps controlling a machine altering contents of a memory
- but as wavefronts of computation and state spontaneously flowing through a network of linked oscillations,
- not as clock actualized, step by step, time determined, centralized control
- but as self actualizing, event driven, logically determined, distributed concurrent local coordination,
- not as information manipulation
- but as information interaction,
- nothing global, nothing central, nothing timed.
- a model of computation that applies to all forms of computation natural and artificial and that applies uniformly to all levels of abstraction from primitive implementation through general programmability,
a new view of computation and computer science.